Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables] normalization of custom property names (#4452)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 21:43:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I was very confused what y'all were talking about, since the current Variables spec *doesn't* link to DOM, but straight to HTML, and DOM doesn't have a #case-sensitive ID in it either. Then I realized y'all were looking at the CR from four years ago. ^_^  The ED links straight to the correct, clear definition; I need to republish this spec.

I can be a little clearer there in the example, but the point of the example is to make it clear that CSS's ASCII case-insensitivity does not apply like it does for all other property names; the fact that "case-sensitive" means something even stronger outside of ASCII wasn't relevant to the example.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4452#issuecomment-548581041 using your GitHub account