Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables] normalization of custom property names (#4452)

From: Addison Phillips via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:00:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think the question here is whether your text should cite deeper encoding variation. While you're correct that HTML's definition of "case-sensitive" means codepoint-by-codepoint identity (which I18N prefers, btw), the text here is a little misleading (it is *calling out* the case sensitivity without making mention of the code point identity issue). The reference to HTML's definition of `case-sensitive` is via the DOM spec. It's easy to overlook. So I think that I personally would prefer that this "health warning" mention the encoding issue. Perhaps:

> Unlike other CSS properties, custom property names are case-sensitive. This means that the underlying code point sequence must be identical.

You might also include something like:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by aphillips
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4452#issuecomment-548389128 using your GitHub account