Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Specify algorithms for computing line-box intrusion into float's margin box. (#2949)

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 21:19:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
On @AmeliaBR's first point, I think there's enough in the spec to go by. It defines the result, not the algorithm to achieve it, but the result is well-defined and testable.

> The shape-margin property adds a margin to a shape-outside. This defines a new shape that is the smallest contour (in the shrink-wrap sense) that includes all the points that are the shape-margin distance outward in the perpendicular direction from a point on the underlying shape. Note that at points where a perpendicular is not defined (e.g. sharp points) take all points on the circle centered at the point and with a radius of shape-margin.

All implementations appear to be interoperable with the "circle around the sharp point" definition in this test: https://codepen.io/astearns/pen/abbmLPv

I do need to add how you need to determine the shape (including shape-margin) first, then deal with box intersections. So I'm leaving this issue open until I've gotten that done.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2949#issuecomment-543366533 using your GitHub account