Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables-3] Tall cell height redistribution algorithm (#4418)

From: Aleksandar Totic via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 17:20:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> * Step 6: if alpha is an undefined number (dividing by 0) then increase all rows proportionally to their current height : final height = beta * minimum height (where beta > 1)
>
> How does that sound to you?

I am confused. What height are you redistributing?

In my model there are three separate height redistributions that happen during table layout:
  * tall cell redistribution
  * row group height redistribution
  * table height redistribution

This issue concerns only tall cell redistribution. I have not looked into the other 2 closely yet.

> Step 3: compute the size of each row, resolving percentages based on the previous estimate.

Row percentage heights are not used to compute initial row height. They are only used as a limit for excess height redistribution.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atotic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4418#issuecomment-542804898 using your GitHub account