Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Clarifying skip-ink:auto behavior in relation to CJK text (#4276)

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:11:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm assuming browsers already do script run analysis as part of the rendering process. A Script=Common character, then, is regarded as occurring in CJK context (and therefore skip-ink should not apply to it) if script run analysis assigned it to a run of CJK text.

I'm not sure an exactly-specified algorithm for script run resolution is necessary here (though see http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/tr24-29.html#Implementation for some guidance); the details could be left as a quality of implementation issue, at least initially.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jfkthame
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4276#issuecomment-540683441 using your GitHub account