Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms] Let 'transform-origin' and 'transform' take comma-separated lists (#589)

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 04:53:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
To the counter-argument of comma-separation and backwards compatibility with SVG `transform` attribute: We have frozen the syntax of SVG transform attributes:
* We accept that the syntax is different on the attribute than on property: commas may continue to appear between transform functions.
* The `transform` attribute won't have new transform functions, will continue to have `rotate()` with 3 arguments while the `transform` property derivative won't.

In other words, we _decoupled the syntax_ of the `transform` attribute from the `transform` property. If we change the syntax of the CSS `transform` property we don't need to change or consider the syntax of the `transform` attribute.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/589#issuecomment-536863328 using your GitHub account