Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Empty quoted font family name should not parse as valid (#4510)

From: Dominik Röttsches via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 11:33:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I find it inefficient to let an empty string "" travel up to font matching if it can be rejected at the parsing stage. Also, fulfilling a promise `document.fonts.load("1px \"\"")` is hiding a potential bug in a page's JS code if for example a variable for font family wasn't set. In my opinion, resolving this promise successfully is semantically misleading, as no font will have been matched or loaded for the empty family name.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by drott
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4510#issuecomment-553848618 using your GitHub account