Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Please bring back scoped styles (#3547)

From: Benoît Rouleau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:59:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> But yeah, that then doesn't block outside rules or inheritance from trickling into the subtree. ^_^

Which, now that I think about it, is often desirable.

I would really like to see `@scope` in addition to the Shadow DOM, because it's simpler and it covers the use case where you don't want to prevent outside styles from leaking in, but you want to prevent *inside* styles from leaking *out* AND have the ability to easily override outside styles without knowing their specificity.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by benface
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3547#issuecomment-472486264 using your GitHub account