Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Alternative to FillAnimation: replace events (#3689)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 03:02:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Could you clarify, in the summary you state that only completely "replaced" animations are canceled, but in step 3 of the proposal you state that an animation is replaced if all of its properties are specified by any subsequent fill: forwards animation, without mention that they need to be composite: replace. Was this intentional or did you mean to require composite replace?

No it doesn't require `composite: replace`.

> It seems like if we limit this to `composite: replace` we don't need to compute the style and pass it with the event as a later animation has replaced it.

I think that wouldn't help with the example though. In that example, we would continue to leak memory.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3689#issuecomment-469517299 using your GitHub account