Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text][css-sizing] When to/not to include preserved trailing spaces (#3440)

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:30:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Please explain what you find undesirable.

Oh, sorry, I thought I did, but apparently didn't.

Imagine you have "0" in `width: 3ch` block. Adding a space after the "0" moves it to left by one space. This is what authors expect AFAIU. Adding another space moves it to left by one more space. Still good.

Adding another space, however, moves "0" back to the right edge, and adding more doesn't move any longer. I think this isn't desired.

Does this explain?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3440#issuecomment-516419204 using your GitHub account