Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images][css-masking][paint] Ambiguities in handling url() (#383)

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:24:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@fantasai I clearly should register @krit :P The change to masking looks fine to me.
@tabatkins I do wonder if there are security implications that were no taken into account in CSS Images. There must have been a reason why the original resolutions suggested to _reload_ the referenced resource as image if there isn't a matching reference element with the ID specified by the fragment. However, I do not remember. **If** at all, a reference would be more problematic than an `<image>`. Right now, the text seems to suggest to "reinterpret" the resource as `<image>`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/383#issuecomment-514048756 using your GitHub account