Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-backgrounds] Number of layers in getComputedStyle results (#4135)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 23:46:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It's not [a special case where resolved value should be the used value](https://drafts.csswg.org/cssom/#resolved-values). So I would expect `getComputedStyle` to return the computed value, which would have as many entries as specified since there's nothing in [CSS Backgrounds](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-backgrounds-3/#backgrounds) that says otherwise.  (And making the actual computed values match the `background-image` list length could mean losing information that should be available for inheritance.)

But, I'm not sure what should happen with a `background` shorthand from gCS if the style was originally set with longhands.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4135#issuecomment-513413340 using your GitHub account