Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] How to interpolate min/max/clamp? (#4082)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 17:05:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol My suggestion was specifically for min/max/clamp.  I hadn't thought about extending the same logic to the trigonometric or power functions.  For the examples you gave, there's no reason not to simplify the math functions at computed time, prior to interpolation.  That said, there are trig functions that couldn't be simplified at computed value time, like `asin(100%/4em)`, so we do need to consider that case as well.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4082#issuecomment-508540627 using your GitHub account