Re: [csswg-drafts] Font-family name matching requires full Unicode case comparison (#3675)

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 10:37:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Can we double-check this, please?

> <emilio_> emilio_: We do whatever nsCaseInsensitiveStringComparator does
> <emilio_> dbaron: that's ascii

@dbaron are you sure about that? We have nsASCIICaseInsensitiveStringComparator, which indeed does ASCII-folding only and otherwise just does a direct codepoint comparison; but nsCaseInsensitiveStringComparator case-folds all of Unicode.

So I believe we follow the (current) spec here, performing a case-insensitive comparison, without normalization or language-specific processing. (And AFAIK we've never noticed this as being a performance issue.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jfkthame
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3675#issuecomment-468223527 using your GitHub account