Re: [csswg-drafts] Font-family name matching requires full Unicode case comparison (#3675)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 19:23:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Right, implementing this would require calling into ICU for the string comparison, rather than a tight loop with some bit manipulation. We haven’t done performance analysis to know what the performance regression would be if we adhered to the spec here; however, we expect it to be significant. WebKit has never adhered to this part of the spec.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3675#issuecomment-467576433 using your GitHub account