Re: [csswg-drafts] [resize-observer] device-pixel-border-box size (#3554)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:27:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `Device pixel border box removal from spec`.

&lt;emilio> topic: Device pixel border box removal from spec<br>
&lt;astearns> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3554<br>
&lt;emilio> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3554<br>
&lt;emilio> gregwhitworth: so, effectively what this comes down to is that this was a size you could watch, for canvas scenarios this'd be useful because CSS pixels get rounded in some way<br>
&lt;emilio> gregwhitworth: proposal is that for &lt;canvas> only you'd provide the device pixel size of the same dimensions<br>
&lt;emilio> Rossen: that's super weird<br>
&lt;emilio> gregwhitworth: I agree, that's why aleks was going to propose this one<br>
&lt;emilio> iank_: I can do an argument<br>
&lt;emilio> gregwhitworth: the use case is there, the question is whether it makes sense to put the information there instead of in the canvas interface<br>
&lt;dbaron> +1 to thinking maybe it belongs on canvas, although interested in hearing the pro argument tomorrow<br>
&lt;emilio> gregwhitworth: we can wait for aleks<br>
&lt;emilio> everyone: Let's move this until tomorrow<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3554#issuecomment-467254304 using your GitHub account