Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] consider requiring that descendants do not contribute to outline (#2846)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 15:37:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Is there any interest in creating a new property to give authors control of
the outline shape? I.e. Is anyone asking for the Firefox behavior in
browsers that do the simple rectangle?

I do know that people ask for outlines that respect border radius. And for
SVG, I'd love outlines that respect shape geometry. (Browsers use shape
outlines for focus on image map areas, but you cannot re-style them
currently!) So maybe general `outline-shape: [ rounded ]? box | contents `
could address many problems in one?  (Although for web compat, I think the
single box is the most commonly expected version.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2846#issuecomment-467058164 using your GitHub account