Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] consider requiring that descendants do not contribute to outline (#2846)

From: Cameron McCormack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 06:53:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I wrote a few simple tests for how outlines treat descendant elements: https://mcc.id.au/2019/outline/

The summary is that Firefox includes many of these descendant elements, but that Chrome and WebKit include none of them.  I am in favor of changing the sentence:

> The position of the outline may be affected by descendant boxes.

that is currently in the spec to something like this:

> The outline should be influenced only by the primary box of the element; it should not be affected by descendant boxes.

(I'm not sure if "primary box" is the right CSS spec term to use here.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by heycam
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2846#issuecomment-466623307 using your GitHub account