Re: [csswg-drafts] [css3 positioning] support position:sticky inside an overflow:hidden|auto on general parents (#865)

From: Christopher Canisius via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:47:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The fact that `overflow: hidden;` on an ancestor makes this container become the new scrolling container for the sticky element, takes away the opportunity to clip the sticky container in any way.

I have a use case where the height of the sticky element and the height of its parent are unknown. I want the sticky element to be sticky on browser scroll. But I dont want the sticky element to overflow its parent. With the current spec this seems to be impossible. But I believe that this is a common use case.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Baedda
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/865#issuecomment-465133768 using your GitHub account