Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Add a way for authors to indicate that they want dark-mode form controls etc (#3299)

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 03:02:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I _think_ you're proposing that a page must always render correctly in `light` mode and that an author should be able to use the `meta` tag to say that it will also look correct in `dark`. Is that right?

Yes.

(Though then there's the question of what dark mode means:  just system controls like buttons, text inputs, and scrollbars as exists in a few browsers today when the user has a dark system theme, or an entire swap of default colors as some have suggested above.)

> We (as in Magic Leap) have a big problem with people wanting their pages to be dark because it looks a lot better in an immersive environment

Is this sentence missing a negation somewhere?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3299#issuecomment-463468397 using your GitHub account