Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] Web Component default *exportparts=* (#3508)

From: Fred Boyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:59:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@fergald Not so much to export everything but define a list of parts that would always be exported unless overridden.

So in the example above (initial post) if we wanted to always export the `header` part if no `exportparts=` was provided, we could do that. This would avoid consuming developers from having to always specify it and simply use the component with no `exportparts=` attribute. Does that make sense?

This facilitates the composition scenario and avoids deeply nested `exportparts=` chains. We want to provide ease of use and remain flexible in the ability to customize but with some guardrails in place.

Hope that helps.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by fredboyle
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3508#issuecomment-463323084 using your GitHub account