Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo-4] Identity of Element.pseudo() return value (#3607)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:39:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
We discussed a bit about it in #3603. I think I'd prefer for the return value to not guarantee identity. I can imagine people poking at a bunch of pseudos on all elements on a webpage, and having to keep storage for them on the DOM nodes to guarantee identity sounds like a bit of  a pain. But I can poke to some of the DOM / HTML folks for feedback on that, maybe I'm being a bit over-paranoid.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3607#issuecomment-463294012 using your GitHub account