Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Add a way for authors to indicate that they want dark-mode form controls etc (#3299)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 01:11:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Right, and I think that's an abomination. We shouldn't add new features to the _User_ Agent that enables authors to disrespect the user's preferences any further. I see this proposal as the anti-thesis of the good intent that [prefers-color-scheme](https://drafts.csswg.org/mediaqueries-5/#prefers-color-scheme) represents.  I think that's the feature we should encourage authors to use. So that they present a dark-styled page to users with a dark mode and a light-styled page to users with light theme.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3299#issuecomment-460867138 using your GitHub account