Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-highlight-api] Should priority be expressed on ::highlight instead of the Highlight object? (#4613)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 02:30:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There isn't any case in which the specificity differs betwee two rules with identical selectors. CSS has always defined that the following:

```
selector { /* declaration block 2 */ }
selector { /* declaration block 2 */ }
```

is equivalent to
```
selector { /* declaration block 1*/ /* declaration block 2 */
```
I don't think it's a good idea to change this invariant.

Imho the way declaration blocks are split into style rules is a tool for the author to organize the style sheet; we shouldn't try to turn it into a semantic concept.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4613#issuecomment-568227470 using your GitHub account