Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-highlight-api] Should priority be expressed on ::highlight instead of the Highlight object? (#4613)

From: Sanket Joshi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 21:07:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thinking about this some more, I agree. I think **one pseudo element per unique pseudo element selector** is an invariant as well. Assuming that is true, then what we have today is the right answer - separate `Highlight` objects for active and inactive selection. That would also indicate that the answer for the `::selection` vs `::inactive-selection` case (#4579) is also separate pseudos.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by sanketj
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4613#issuecomment-568581649 using your GitHub account