Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-highlight-api] Inline styles for HighlightRangeGroups should apply on top of styles provided by ::highlight (#4588)

From: Sanket Joshi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 00:25:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, I definitely see inline styles for custom highlights working similar to how they do for DOM elements. In that sense, I agree we should try to explore making this work generically for all pseudo elements. Currently though, the CSSPseudoElement interface only supports ::before, ::after and ::marker, which are all pseudos that do not inherit styles from other pseudos and also do not apply across multiple elements. To make CSSPseudoElement work with the highlight pseudos (and possibly ::first-line), I think we have to define a new event path. And if we're doing this, we should make sure we define it in a way that works with highlight events as well. (I left a comment about this in the PR.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by sanketj
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4588#issuecomment-567273190 using your GitHub account