Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-page-3] Add orientation descriptor (#4491)

From: Mike Bremford via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 19:17:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This sort of thing (lets call this "image 2")?

![twoup](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/989243/70650818-ada8d480-1c47-11ea-9fa3-7910352c54fb.png)

I had a look. We have thousands of PDF here but I have struggled to find an example of what this issue describes it's trying to achieve. Generally, if you have a landscape page in the middle of a generally portrait document, it's displayed as landscape.

The idea in Amelias third comment, immediately above, is more common: the page has been laid out entirely in portrait, but with some of the content sideways. You then want to rotate that page from portrait to landscape to get it the right way up, like this one (lets call this "image 3"):
![twoup2](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/989243/70652553-b18a2600-1c4a-11ea-9fff-3987913942fd.png)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by faceless2
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4491#issuecomment-564691685 using your GitHub account