Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nav-1] Remove kAlignWeight? (#4567)

From: Jeonghee Ahn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 06:30:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`navigation_axis_distance` and `kAlignWeight = 5` were actually determined Independently.

We thought navigation_axis_distance duplicated with the Euclidiant distance.
And we wanted to consider the degree of aligned  when they were at the same distance..

In case you suggested  (keep `navigation_axis_distance` and `kAlignWeight = 1`? ) on example [1] Hyojin attached,

B's `navigation_axis_distance` will be 499.
C's `navigation_axis_distance` will be 500.
B's  `kAlignWeight` might be 0.1
C's  `kAlignWeight` might be 0.9

Distance = ... + `navigation_axis_distance` - `kAlignWeight`
So, B will be best target in case. But we hope C.

I agree your below point.
> To better handle different layouts, zoom levels etc the forumla should, ideally, only use ratios based on actual rects (focus candidate's and current focus' size) - not hardcoded pixel values?

In current spavnav, however, only distance based on pixels can be calculated. How can we support this?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jeonghee27
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4567#issuecomment-564400512 using your GitHub account