Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nav-1] Remove kAlignWeight? (#4567)

From: hyojin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 05:52:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I summarize the current status on some factor and constant of SpatNav distance formula.
- Spec: navigation_axis_distance(DROPPED), kAlignWeight(5)
- Blink: navigation_axis_distance(KEEP), kAlignWeight(5)
- Hugo's suggestion: navigation_axis_distance(KEEP), kAlignWeight(1)

With Hugo's suggestion, the focus moves from A to B on the example [1] above in an improper way.
I agree to keep `navigation_axis_distance` which has been maintained in Blink for years though.

From `css-nav` specification point of view, the factor and weight has been defined as non-normative,
so we could keep the current SpatNav distance formula in Blink as is without any change for now.

Please share your opinion on it, or you can close this now.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by anawhj
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4567#issuecomment-568661773 using your GitHub account