Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo] Default UA styles for markers don't affect ::before::marker and ::after::marker (#4474)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 20:02:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol OK, I updated the UA rule selector.

@faceless2 I think adding more properties to the rule would be a separate issue. Would you mind filing that separately, along with some explanation of why you think these are a good idea? We'll want to get @MatsPalmgren and @dauwhe to check over that list, too. (`text-indent` seems pretty clear to me, I'm less sure about the text spacing properties.)

@AmeliaBR No, as @Loirooriol points out, the `*` selector (which is what's implied if you leave out a tag selector) only matches elements, not pseudo-elements.

@Loirooriol If you want to propose `**` file a separate issue? :)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4474#issuecomment-562293870 using your GitHub account