Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing] intrinsic-size lost the thread :( (#4531)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2019 18:26:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
We already have a similar "when things are loaded, use the real size, in the meantime use this explicit value" concept for aspect-ratio. It would make sense to be consistent in how we express that concept.

I really don't want to have separate properties for "explicit size that always wins" and "explicit size that's only used under certain conditions". It gets confusing from an author-learning perspective to have too many properties that are doing nearly identical things (in this case, identical things taking effect under slightly different conditions). And it's also not great from a cascading perspective to do that either.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4531#issuecomment-561295446 using your GitHub account