Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] proposal new transform-style: detached (#4242)

From: mattwoodrow via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 06:18:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I don't think `transform-style: preserve-3d` on the root today does anything, since the root implicitly flattens even if it has `preserve-3d` set, since there's no parent's 3-d scene to merge into.

Under the gecko and blink interpretation 'preserve-3d' means that children are included into the rendering context of the element, so it should work fine on the root there.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mattwoodrow
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4242#issuecomment-526473500 using your GitHub account