Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] proposal new transform-style: detached (#4242)

From: rcabanier via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 04:56:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> How do `detached` and `preserve-3d` interact with each other? What happens when there's a connected tree of stuff with mix of both? Does only the one at the root of the tree matter, or do they somehow switch behaviors?

Yes, we have to describe the exact behavior in the spec.
Our current thinking is that only `detached` at the root of the tree will trigger the behavior. If there's `preserve-3d` at the root or `detached` in the child nodes, `detached` will act as `preserve-3d` in that tree.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rcabanier
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4242#issuecomment-525583991 using your GitHub account