Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] proposal new transform-style: detached (#4242)

From: rcabanier via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 20:42:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> So where is it composited?

It is composited in 3D space around the browser plane.

We've defined a "safe" region around the browser where detached content can be placed so the transformed content is locked to a certain area. The spec should probably call out a minimum size for this area so authors can be sure that their content will look ok across UAs.
We also limited this feature to the top frame so iframe content can't escape its box.

If the UA doesn't support `detached`, it will revert to `preserve-3d`
If `detached` is nested in another `detached`, it will revert to `preserve-3d`

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rcabanier
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4242#issuecomment-525474679 using your GitHub account