Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors][css-namespaces] Lexical Scoping (#4061)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 00:28:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Would you still suggest type to specify a scope name though? It would still make sense to me to make it a separate attribute.

Agreed.

It'll be a little bit redundant to have both `type="scoped"` and `scope="scope-name"` attributes, but I think it's worth it to keep them logically separate. And as I said, we could make the `type` optional if there's also a `scope` attribute, so it would only be needed as a transitional supports test, and could eventually be dropped once legacy browsers are no longer a concern.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4061#issuecomment-522804069 using your GitHub account