Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-mediaqueries] Proposal: "navigation-controls" (#4187)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 16:57:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sounds good to me.

The explainer's note about a positive value always assuming the presence of a back button is interesting, tho. I suppose it's reasonable that the Back button is *the* primary control that must always be offered; everything else is secondary and will never show up without the back button being there as well.

I probably wouldn't name a future value testing for the Forward button "back-and-forward", tho; that implies we'd need "back-and-reload"/etc too. At that point I'd just make a note in the feature that it's expected that, if the MQ is positive at all, 'back' will always match in addition to whatever other button keywords match.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4187#issuecomment-520507175 using your GitHub account