Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] semantics of 'none' (#4188)

From: Nigel Megitt via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 14:17:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If you happen to know the background colour is `white`, then it seems to work (in a rather brittle way, I suspect) if you do:

```css
em {
  text-decoration-color: white;
  text-decoration-line: underline;
}
```

I shudder to think what the impact is on any other coloured decorations that might be present (https://drafts.csswg.org/css-text-decor-3/#painting shows that any shadows will appear to have this white underline drawn on top of them, before the text is drawn on top)

I see that this technique does not work unless the `text-decoration-line: underline;` property is explicitly set.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nigelmegitt
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4188#issuecomment-520443538 using your GitHub account