Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] semantics of 'none' (#4188)

From: Glenn Adams via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:59:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I was hoping you weren't going to say that. This creates a possible interoperability problem with TTML which adopted the XSL-FO extensions to CSS2.1's `text-decorate`, namely, `no-overline`, `no-through-line`, and `no-underline`, which do indeed provide a way to "punch through". Indeed, it may be that XSL-FO and TTML assume that text decorations on nested inlines are applied only once (to glyph areas) and not independently to the nested boxes (areas). In any case, you've given me what I need to answer my question (though you might want to add some further explanation or examples in [css-text-decor] to make this point more clear.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by skynavga
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4188#issuecomment-520436424 using your GitHub account