Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists-3] Should automatic list-item increment adjust for ol[reversted]? (#4181)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 16:54:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It doesn't work thru the UA stylesheet:

* That requires that it show up in the serialization of the computed value of 'counter-increment', which no browser does, and which Firefox tried to do but backed off from. (Well, I think they just tried to do the normal incrementing, but it seems weird for `ol` to influence counter-increment sometimes but not other times.)
* It means that any non-initial value for counter-increment needs to explicitly reproduce the 'list-item' behavior. I don't think it's reasonable to allow people to ignore 'list-item' for the CSS inherent behavior, but require them to pay attention to it for the HTML inherent behavior.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4181#issuecomment-519601587 using your GitHub account