Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] Should a visibility:hidden overflow:scroll be scrollable? (#4113)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 16:14:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Convo was a bit rushed, so I'd like to confirm our resolution.

We want a visibility:hidden element to act like overflow:hidden wrt scrolling, regardless of its overflow value, right? So:

1. Never a scrollbar.
2. No scroll bubbling - if you mousewheel on a visible descendant, it doesn't scroll the hidden container.
3. Script-based scrolling still works.

Is this *regardless of overflow value*, or does it just apply to all the "scrollable" overflow values? (Hidden, auto, scroll) I assume an "overflow:visible" element remains unscrollable, as would the clip values?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4113#issuecomment-518299783 using your GitHub account