Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view][proposal] beforescroll event (#4172)

From: Hristiyan Dodov via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:13:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@emilio just so we're on the same page - by accelerated scrolling you mean how Chrome for example increases `deltaY` on the `wheel` event from `100` to `200`, `300` or more, depending on how rapidly the user is scrolling?

If yes, then there might have been a misunderstanding. My idea was to be able to interrupt scrolling right before the UA scrolls the element. I mean, the UA should apply acceleration and other similar calculations. It should act as if the element is actually scrolling, except the scroll position doesn't change. If I scroll very rapidly, I should get larger deltas in the `beforescroll` event but the element's `scrollTop` should simply stay the same if `defaultPrevented` is `true`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by hdodov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4172#issuecomment-518174950 using your GitHub account