Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] How does the list-item counter affect display? (#4168)

From: Domenic Denicola via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 23:56:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Right, if there were a normative statement that UAs had such a rule, then the OP's example would make sense. The fact that there is no such statement is why I find the example confusing.

I don't think it would be that tedious to list such a rule for the 1 example where it is necessary. (I believe there are only 2 examples in the spec that use the list-item counter, one of which already has such a rule.) I think it would be more informative, since adding such a rule would be necessary in a web browser, not redundant. (Unless the browser introduces UA styles based on no normative spec, I suppose, but I don't think we should be writing spec examples catering to such situations.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by domenic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4168#issuecomment-517497955 using your GitHub account