Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Rename `text-decoration-thickness` to `text-decoration-weight`? (#4138)

From: 一丝 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 11:40:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I am in favor of rename to `text-decoration-weight`

`text-decoration` is part of the text, so we should respect the terms in traditional typography, don't forget, essentially CSS is to restore typography and design. As for saying that width is easier to understand than weight, it is just some people's wishful thinking. Using `weight` I think this is not something that is difficult to understand. As a non-English speaker, I hate the unfamiliar and long words: thickness.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by yisibl
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4138#issuecomment-517247842 using your GitHub account