Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-easing-2] Complex easing/timing functions (#229)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 22:03:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Note that step easings have already made a decision of whether the moment of transition uses prev or next value: they use the next value. So presumably we'd be consistent there, as the use-case for making it controllable seems extremely minimal - you'd only see the difference if you purposely advanced a paused animation to exactly that progress %.

-------

Overall, uh, that sounds like a pretty good idea, and the fact that the curve is automatically c1-continuous is nice (unless you purposely drop to c0- or non-continuous by providing additional arguments). I like the physicality of being able to provide a velocity directly, which enables realistic-looking bounces really easily by just inverting the y velocity, like your example shows. (Versus chained beziers, which require much more guess-and-checking to get a realistic-looking bounce.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/229#issuecomment-487760193 using your GitHub account