Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-position][css-sticky] Should overflowing sticky element continue scrolling until meeting opposite offset? (#2558)

From: Sebastian Zartner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 07:55:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There's another jQuery Plugin allowing you to do this called [Sticky-Kit](http://leafo.net/sticky-kit/).

I've created a simple example comparing the current implementation with the one which sticks to the opposite side:
https://jsfiddle.net/SebastianZ/kb9zdvqe/ (left: sticking to opposite side, right the current behavior)

If this proposal gets picked up, there are different solutions how to spec. this:

1. Change the current behavior to the proposed one.
2. Add a new `position` keyword (like `sticky-inner-scrolling`) for it.
3. Define a new property (e.g. `sticky-behavior: non-scrolling | scrolling`) that defines the behavior when `position` is `sticky`.

The last two have the advantage of allowing both behaviors. The names are obviously to be bikeshedded. Personally, I tend to option 3.

Sebastian

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SebastianZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2558#issuecomment-486560153 using your GitHub account