Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-5] UA guidance on light vs no-preference (#3857)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:31:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Given the way that a number of first-party apps from Apple, such as Garage Band, iMovie, or the [Pro Apps](https://support.apple.com/pro-apps), look dark no matter what, I suspect that the so called "light mode" of MacOS is would be more accurately described in the context of this media query as a "no preference" mode, in which apps take their default look and feel, most of which is light, but not all. As far as I can tell, despite what it says in the UI, MacOS doesn't actually have a "prefers light" mode that pushes default-dark apps to become light.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3857#issuecomment-485057675 using your GitHub account