Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Handling global name-defining constructs in shadow trees (#1995)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 04:41:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> and someone sets the inline style declaration in order to refer to the one defined outside the shadow tree?

It seems plausible to me that some JS sets the inline style of an element to be equal to a `.gCS()` result, either of the same element or something else.  The case where this results in a problem due to tree-references would be rare, but precisely *because* it's rare and thus wouldn't be correctly handled by most JS, I'd like to make it harder to run into.

I've asked about this situation in <https://twitter.com/tabatkins/status/1119097291359449088>, just in case one of my followers has an explicit example to show off.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1995#issuecomment-484765627 using your GitHub account