Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Handling global name-defining constructs in shadow trees (#1995)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 05:46:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> It seems plausible to me that some JS sets the inline style of an element to be equal to a .gCS() result, either of the same element or something else. The case where this results in a problem due to tree-references would be rare, but precisely because it's rare and thus wouldn't be correctly handled by most JS, I'd like to make it harder to run into.

Right, but `scoped()` only solves this particular case, and only if the "source" and "target" elements are in the same tree.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1995#issuecomment-484774252 using your GitHub account