Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-easing] extend cubic-bezier() to take additional pairs (#3838)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:39:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm in favor of extending `cubic-bezier()` to accept more pairs of numbers. I've tried pushing this a few times (with pretty much the exact syntax Tab outlined) but typically the issues have been:

* What are the requirements on the control points to ensure that we end up with a function (i.e. produces a single output for each input)?
  * Issue #229―of which this issue is perhaps a dupe―[outlines some of the difficulties here and proposes cubic splines instead](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/229#issuecomment-228259642). That issue didn't seem to arrive at a conclusion, however.
* How can we help authors produce curves with C1 continuity?
  * @AmeliaBR had a proposal for this: [smooth-cubic-bezier](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2015JulSep/0037.html)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3838#issuecomment-484300914 using your GitHub account