[csswg-drafts] [css-color-4] color-adjust initial value should be auto (#3805)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 20:40:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-color-4] color-adjust initial value should be auto ==
To make it easier to extend color-adjust to other use cases, I think it makes sense to make the initial value `auto` and have it compute to different values depending on what adjustment is being performed. E.g. in print mode, it might compute to `economy`, but on a typical screen it will always compute to `exact`.

(One extension we might consider is something to represent automatic color luminance inversions; this is not the same as `economy`, but could be reasonably represented in `color-adjust` if we make it extensible in this way. See [discussion on Apple's color-filtering](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2018Jul/0023.html).)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3805 using your GitHub account